Full-Time Academic Positions:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Women’s and Gender Studies, New Jersey City University (Jersey City, NJ) 2016-present
- Lecturer, Department of Women’s and Gender Studies, Keene State College (Keene, NH) 2015-2016
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Women’s and Gender Studies, Dickinson College (Carlisle, PA) 2013-2015
- Lecturer, Women’s and Gender Studies Program, Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) 2011-2013
- PhD, Women’s Studies, York University (Toronto, ON)
- Graduate Certificate, Women’s Studies, Bowling Green State University (Bowling Green, OH)
- MA, Popular Culture Studies, Bowling Green State University (Bowling Green, OH)
- Honours BA, Cultural Studies and English (Double Major), Trent University (Peterborough, ON)
Latest Journal Articles
Under Consideration. “Five Year Study on Hiring Trends in Gender, Women’s, and Feminist Studies” with Christina Holmes.
Under Consideration. “‘‘We’re Country’: Britney Spears, Southern White Femininity, and the American Dream”.
2015. “Fetal Citizenship in the Borderlands: Arizona’s House Bill 2443 and State Logics of Racism and Orientalism”. Social Identities: Journal for the Study in Race, Nation and Culture 20.4-5: 262-278.
2014. “From ‘Madonna’ to ‘Whore’: Sexuality, Pregnancy, and Popular Culture”. Sexualities 17.3-4: 1-18.
2012. “Engaged Pedagogy in the Feminist Classroom and Yoga Studio”. Feminist Teacher 21.3: 212-228.
2016. “(Be)Laboured Introductions: Inspired Reflections on the Introductory Course in Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies” with Melissa White, co- editor for a thematic cluster. Atlantis: Critical Studies in Gender, Culture and Social Justice. 37.2.
2007. “Threatening Bodies” with Emily van der Meulen. Reconstruction: Studies in Contemporary Culture: Threatening Bodies issue. 7.1.
2016. “‘Work Off that Holiday Meal Ladies!’: Body Vigilance and Orthorexia in Yoga Spaces”. Yoga and the Body: An Intersectional Analysis of Contemporary Body Politics, Mindfulness, and Embodied Social Change. Eds. Melanie Klein, Beth Berila, and Chelsea Jackson. Lanham: Rowman and Littlefield.
2013. “‘I wanted to hear her called Mom’: The Grieving Mother and Lost Pregnant Daughter in Sharon Rocha’s For Laci”. Disjointed Perspectives on Mothering: Pedagogies of the Reversed Maternal Image. Ed. Florina Catalina Florescu. Lanham: Lexington Books/Rowman and Littlefield, 123-136.
2011. “Different Songs, Same Harmony: Sistersong’s Women of Colour Reproductive Justice Collective”. The 21st Century Motherhood Movement: Mothers Speak Out On Why We Need to Change the World and How to Do It. Ed. Andrea O’Reilly. Toronto: Demeter Press, 76-88.
2004. “Fashioning Pregnancy: Representing the Maternity Dress in Clothing Catalogues”. Not Just Any Dress: Explorations of Dress, Identity and the Body. Eds. Sandra Weber and Claudia Mitchell. New York: Peter Lang Publishers, 127-136.